Travelers Boaters Insurance
in Boaters Insurance from TravelersUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Travelers Boaters Insurance Review
Where does Travelers Boaters Insurance do business?
Travelers Boaters Insurance is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Hartford, CT. The company was established in 1853 and offers boat insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of boat insurance coverage does Travelers Boaters Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Travelers Boaters Insurance offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Fuel Spill Clean-Up: Protects you from cleanup claims or third-party damage caused by the accidental discharge of oil or fuel.
Travelers Boaters Insurance also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Fishing Equipment and Carry-On Items: Add replacement coverage for fishing rods, reels, and tackle boxes. You can also add personal effects coverage for items you carry on your boat, such as phones and SCUBA gear. Items are covered if they’re damaged, stolen or fall off your boat.
- Hurricane Coverage: Pays for the damages caused by tropical storms, tornadoes, windstorms, and hurricanes.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your boat is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company before you carry out repairs.
What is the financial strength rating of Travelers Boaters Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
Travelers Boaters Insurance scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
One Tower Square
Hartford, CT 06183 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Travelers
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Boaters Insurance||Fuel Spill Clean-Up|
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Boaters Policy Endorsements||
|Vehicle Policy Endorsements||
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
|Emergency Roadside Assistance|
|On-Water Towing and Labor|
|Fuel Spill Liability|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend Travelers Boaters Insurance to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at 100% if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100% when no one recommends.