Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance
in Boaters Insurance from Shelter InsuranceUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance Review
Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Columbia, MO. The company was established in 1946 and offers boat insurance in 15 states in the USA.
What types of boat insurance coverage does Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Water Sports Coverage: A must for boat owners who plant to use their vessel for water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water sports
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Fishing Equipment and Carry-On Items: Add replacement coverage for fishing rods, reels, and tackle boxes. You can also add personal effects coverage for items you carry on your boat, such as phones and SCUBA gear. Items are covered if they’re damaged, stolen or fall off your boat.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your boat is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company before you carry out repairs.
What benefits does Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance offer?
Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts you can claim that are specific to boat insurance.
- Diesel Engines: If your boat has diesel engines, you can request a deduction, particularly from your physical damage coverage.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance.
What is the financial strength rating of Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance scores an A or excellent, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
1817 West Broadway
Columbia, MO 65218 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Shelter Insurance
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Boaters Policy Endorsements||Fishing Equipment & Carry-On Items|
|Vehicle Policy Endorsements||Mechanical Breakdown Coverage|
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
|On-Water Towing and Labor|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend Shelter Insurance Boaters Insurance to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at 100% if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100% when no one recommends.