|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
AAA Boaters Insurance Review
AAA Boaters Insurance is an insurance carrier with headquarters in Livonia, MI. The company was established in 1902 and offers boat insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
AAA Boaters Insurance FAQ
What types of boat insurance coverage does AAA Boaters Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. AAA Boaters Insurance offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
AAA Boaters Insurance also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Fishing Equipment and Carry-On Items: Add replacement coverage for fishing rods, reels, and tackle boxes. You can also add personal effects coverage for items you carry on your boat, such as phones and SCUBA gear. Items are covered if they’re damaged, stolen or fall off your boat.
- Total Loss Replacement: If it's a total loss, this policy will pay you based on the agreed value, actual cash value or the replacement cost value.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
What benefits does AAA Boaters Insurance offer?
AAA Boaters Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with AAA Boaters Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with AAA Boaters Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts you can claim that are specific to boat insurance.
- Diesel Engines: If your boat has diesel engines, you can request a deduction, particularly from your physical damage coverage.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with AAA Boaters Insurance.
What is the financial strength rating of AAA Boaters Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
AAA Boaters Insurance scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
Message From AAA Boaters Insurance
Other Services by AAA
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||Alternative Fuel / Hybrid|
|Boaters Insurance||Wreckage Removal|
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Boaters Policy Endorsements||
|Vehicle Policy Endorsements||Emergency Roadside Service|
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
|Emergency Roadside Assistance|