F&M Bank College Checking Review
F&M Bank College Checking is offered by F&M Bank,
founded in 1907 and based in Long Beach, CA.
F&M Bank College Checking is available in
1 state across the USA.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $5, but there are ways to waive the fee.
- No ATM fees. F&M Bank College Checking does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
- ATM fee reimbursements. This account will reimburse you for the ATM fees charged by other financial institutions.
- Free bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through F&M Bank.
- Hard credit pull. F&M Bank may require a hard pull on your credit report to open a checking account.
F&M Bank College Checking Pros & Cons
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge (if minimums are not met).
F&M Bank College Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from F&M Bank federally insured?
Yes, your F&M Bank checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does F&M Bank College Checking offer?
F&M Bank College Checking is not an interest bearing account.
What are the account minimums for F&M Bank College Checking?
F&M Bank College Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $25 to open an account.
F&M Bank College Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|Minimum Direct Deposit to Avoid Monthly Service Fee
What fees does F&M Bank College Checking charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $5.
F&M Bank College Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Bank Teller Fee
|Early Account Closure
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
||$0 - $5
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Paper Statement Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
Does F&M Bank College Checking charge overdraft fees?
Yes, F&M Bank College Checking charges a $30 fee for every overdraft fee.
What features and perks does F&M Bank College Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- ATM reimbursement - This account will reimburse you for the ATM fees charged by other networks.
- Fraud monitoring - F&M Bank College Checking monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - F&M Bank College Checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.