MetLife Life Insurance
in Life Insurance from MetLifeUnaffiliated
MetLife Life InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Life Insurance from MetLife
Rating not yet determined
Would you recommend MetLife Life Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Rating not yet determined
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
MetLife Life Insurance Review
Where does MetLife Life Insurance do business?
MetLife Life Insurance is an insurance carrier based in New York, NY. The company was founded in 1868 and offers life insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC). Life insurance is important for anyone who has loved who depend on them financially. It can also help with final expenses and burial costs.
What types of life insurance coverage does MetLife Life Insurance offer?
Insurance carries typically offer a wide variety of policies. One of the best ways to save money on life insurance is to avoid unnecessary coverage. Only purchase policies and riders you actually need.
Here is a brief description of the coverage MetLife Life Insurance offers.
- Term Life Insurance - This is the simplest type of life insurance. It is payable if the insured person dies within a specific period of time, such as 5, 10, or 30 years. MetLife Life Insurance offers term lengths ranging from 1 to 30 years. Death benefit amounts range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Level Term Insurance - These are term policies that have the same fixed premium and payment amount throughout the life of the policy.
- Decreasing Term Insurance- This type of term insurance has fixed premiums but the death benefit decreases over the life of the policy.
- Annual Renewable Term Insurance - Annual renewable term policies provide a constant death benefit for the duration of the policy but the premium's are reassessed every year.
- Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance policies remain in force for the entire life of the policyholder provided premiums are paid. Whole life benefit payments range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Variable Life Insurance - Variable life insurance is a permanent life insurance policy where the entire cash value of the policy is invested in several accounts. Therefore, the value of the policy rises and falls depending on the performance of the investments.
- Universal Life Insurance - This type of policy guarantees a fixed death benefit and an investment account. The cash value of the investment account will vary depending on the portfolio's performance.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance - Provides the most flexibility when it comes to investing the cash value of a universal life policy in separate accounts with "variable" values.
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance - This type of universal life insurance allows policyholders to place the cash value of the policy in a fixed account or an equity index account, such as the S&P 500 or the Nasdaq 100.
- Single Premium Whole Life Insurance - The policyholder makes one large payment that guarantees a death benefit without the need of further premiums.
As well as the basic coverage types mentioned above, MetLife Life Insurance also offers the following policies:
- Group Life Insurance - MetLife Life Insurance offers some of its policies as a group benefit to employees who meet certain eligibility requirements, such as having worked for a month in the company. Typically, these policies can only be adjusted or purchased after a qualifying life event, such as marriage or the birth of a child, or during an open enrollment period.
- Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance - These policies offer a cash death benefit to the beneficiary. All coverage applications are approved regardless of health concerns. The catch is these policies usually have lower death benefits and higher than normal premiums.
- Survivorship Life Insurance - This type of policy covers two individuals and pays a death benefit to a beneficiary after both have died.
- Final Expenses - Even bare-bones funerals can cost thousands of dollars. This policy, also known as burial insurance, covers funeral and burial costs.
How can you save money on a MetLife Life Insurance life insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with MetLife Life Insurance, ask what policy discounts are available.
- Being a non-smoker
- Having multiple insurance policies with MetLife Life Insurance
What is the financial strength rating of MetLife Life Insurance?The financial strength rating of a life insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies.
Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy.
There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
MetLife Life Insurance scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10117 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by MetLife
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia