American Kennel Club Visa® Card Review
This is a
issued by Comenity.
If you're wondering whether American Kennel Club Visa® Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Competitive APRs. American Kennel Club Visa® Card has a
that ranges from
up to 25.24%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance card. It gives you the benefits of a credit card, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. American Kennel Club Visa® Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval oods if your credit score is above650.
Pros & Cons of American Kennel Club Visa® Card
- 3x points per $1 spent at pet stores, veterinary offices, American Kennel Club's mail, phone and booth or www.akc.org purchases.
- 2x points per $1 spent on gas and grocery purchases.
- 1x points per $1 spent everywhere else Visa is accepted.
- Every purchase made on American Kennel Visa card enables American Kennel Club to do more for canines.
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- No annual fee.
- American Kennel Club Visa® Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
American Kennel Club Visa® Card FAQ
Does American Kennel Club Visa® Card have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the relevant APRs for American Kennel Club Visa® Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
that ranges from
up to 25.24%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR of up to 27.24%.
The card has a
cash advance APR of up to 27.24%.
Does American Kennel Club Visa® Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does American Kennel Club Visa® Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for American Kennel Club Visa® Card?
The following fees apply:
American Kennel Club Visa® Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
|Late Payment Fee
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost card.
Does American Kennel Club Visa® Card have a foreign transaction fee?
American Kennel Club Visa® Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
Does American Kennel Club Visa® Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, American Kennel Club Visa® Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for American Kennel Club Visa® Card
- Visit the American Kennel Club Visa® Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.