Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by Credit One Bank®.
If you're wondering whether Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval odds if your credit score is above 650.
Pros & Cons of Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
- Offering cash back for every purchase on this card
- Free access to your credit score.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Annual fee and interest rate are based on creditworthiness, and can vary considerably. Currently $0 - $95 for the first year and $0 - $99 after that.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Charges an annual fee of $95
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® FAQ
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 1% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has higher than average regular APRs.
It has a
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®?
The following fees apply:
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $39
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $39
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® have a foreign transaction fee?
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®?
The Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® customer service number is (877) 825-3242.
Does Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa®
- Visit the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.