FirstBank Classic Visa Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by FirstBank.
If you're wondering whether FirstBank Classic Visa is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 6 months , which is shorter than the average 0% APR period of 12 months.
- 0% APR on new purchases. New cardholders receive an introductory 0% APR rate on new purchases for up to 6 months.
- Competitive APRs. FirstBank Classic Visa has a
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance cashback card. It gives you cashback on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 2.5% Balance transfer fee. FirstBank Classic Visa charges a fee of 2.5% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $25 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $2.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval oods if your credit score is above650.
Pros & Cons of FirstBank Classic Visa
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 6 months.
- 0% APR on new purchases during the first 6 months.
- No annual fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere FirstBank Classic Visa is accepted.
- FirstBank Classic Visa reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 2.5% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
FirstBank Classic Visa FAQ
Does FirstBank Classic Visa have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
FirstBank Classic Visa Rewards
|Rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does FirstBank Classic Visa have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does FirstBank Classic Visa offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the relevant APRs for FirstBank Classic Visa?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does FirstBank Classic Visa have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 6 months.
FirstBank Classic Visa Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does FirstBank Classic Visa have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
FirstBank Classic Visa Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period
This card does offer an intro APR rate of 0% on qualified purchases
for a period of up to 6 months.
What are the fees for FirstBank Classic Visa?
The following fees apply:
FirstBank Classic Visa Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
|Late Payment Fee
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost cashback card.
Does FirstBank Classic Visa have a foreign transaction fee?
FirstBank Classic Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
Does FirstBank Classic Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, FirstBank Classic Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for FirstBank Classic Visa
- Visit the FirstBank Classic Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.