HSBC Premier World Mastercard Review
HSBC Premier World Mastercard is a
cashback credit card
issued by HSBC Bank USA.
If you're wondering whether HSBC Premier World Mastercard is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
1 point for every dollar spent on everyday purchases. Terms and conditions apply.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 35000 points after spending $3,000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- Competitive APRs. HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
- No annual fee. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. HSBC Premier World Mastercard charges a fee of up to 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost up to $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- $0 foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge foreign transaction fees, which makes a great credit card to carry with you when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as Global Entry / TSA Precheck Fee Credit,
price protection, purchase protection, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You should probably try with another card if your credit score is below 670.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Pros & Cons
- 35,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points worth at least $400 in air travel
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Global Entry / TSA Precheck Fee Credit.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere HSBC Premier World Mastercard is accepted.
- HSBC Premier World Mastercard reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- There is a $95 annual for anyone who does not have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Premier checking account.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard FAQ
Is there a HSBC Premier World Mastercard cash back or rewards program?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchase as a cash reward.
With HSBC Premier World Mastercard you receive 1% cash back on every purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 2% for purchases in a bonus category.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have a signup bonus?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 35000 points signup bonus after spending $3000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard offer an annual loyalty bonus?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the HSBC Premier World Mastercard benefits?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard provides the following benefits:
- Price Protection
- Cellular Telephone Protection
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles
- ID Theft Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for HSBC Premier World Mastercard?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard has lower than average purchase APRs.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 29.99% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
No, HSBC Premier World Mastercard does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)
What are the fees for HSBC Premier World Mastercard?
The following fees apply to HSBC Premier World Mastercard:
- There is no overlimit fee
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $37
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have a foreign transaction fee?
HSBC Premier World Mastercard does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, this can save you hundreds of dollars in credit card fees when you travel out of the country.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, HSBC Premier World Mastercard reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for HSBC Premier World Mastercard
- Visit the HSBC Premier World Mastercard website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you're denied click here to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.