HSBC Premier World Mastercard Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by HSBC Bank USA.
If you're wondering whether HSBC Premier World Mastercard is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 35000 points after spending $3,000 within 3 months that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- Competitive APRs. HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance cashback card. It gives you cashback on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 4% Balance transfer fee. HSBC Premier World Mastercard charges a fee of 4% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $40 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, emergency support, extended warranty protection on purchases, Global Entry / TSA Precheck Fee Credit,
identity theft protection, price protection, purchase protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, trip cancellation insurance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 670.
Pros & Cons of HSBC Premier World Mastercard
- 35,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points worth at least $400 in air travel
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Extended warranty and price protection on purchases.
- Free access to your credit score.
- Global Entry / TSA Precheck Fee Credit.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- HSBC Premier World Mastercard reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- There is a $95 annual for anyone who does not have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Premier checking account.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges a 4% balance transfer fee.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard FAQ
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 1% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 2% for purchases in a bonus category.
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 35000 points signup bonus after spending $3000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the HSBC Premier World Mastercard benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for HSBC Premier World Mastercard?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
that ranges from
up to 18.99%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 29.99% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for HSBC Premier World Mastercard?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
HSBC Premier World Mastercard Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $37
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost cashback card.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard have a foreign transaction fee?
This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
What is the customer service phone number for HSBC Premier World Mastercard?
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard customer service number is (800) 975-4722.
Does HSBC Premier World Mastercard report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, HSBC Premier World Mastercard reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for HSBC Premier World Mastercard
- Visit the HSBC Premier World Mastercard website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.