PayPal Extras Mastercard Review
PayPal Extras Mastercard is a
issued by PayPal Inc.
If you're wondering whether PayPal Extras Mastercard is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
a rewards rate of up to 3x.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
that ranges from
up to 29.24%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Gas rewards.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as
price protection, purchase protection, and fraud protection.
PayPal Extras Mastercard Pros & Cons
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Does not report to credit bureaus.
PayPal Extras Mastercard FAQ
Is there a PayPal Extras Mastercard cash back or rewards program?
PayPal Extras Mastercard offers a rewards program to its customers.
This card features rewards for purchases in the following categories:
PayPal Extras Mastercard Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does PayPal Extras Mastercard have a signup bonus?
PayPal Extras Mastercard doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does PayPal Extras Mastercard offer an annual loyalty bonus?
PayPal Extras Mastercard doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the PayPal Extras Mastercard benefits?
PayPal Extras Mastercard provides the following benefits:
- Price Protection
- ID Theft Protection
What are the relevant APRs for PayPal Extras Mastercard?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
PayPal Extras Mastercard has higher than average purchase APRs.
PayPal Extras Mastercard has a
that ranges from
up to 29.24%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does PayPal Extras Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
No, PayPal Extras Mastercard does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does PayPal Extras Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
PayPal Extras Mastercard does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
PayPal Extras Mastercard Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)
What are the fees for PayPal Extras Mastercard?
The following fees apply to PayPal Extras Mastercard:
PayPal Extras Mastercard Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $37
Does PayPal Extras Mastercard have a foreign transaction fee?
PayPal Extras Mastercard charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
How to apply for PayPal Extras Mastercard
- Visit the PayPal Extras Mastercard website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you're denied click here to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.