City National Bank Low Rate Card Review
This is a
issued by City National Bank of Texas.
If you're wondering whether City National Bank Low Rate Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Competitive APRs. City National Bank Low Rate Card has a
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance card. It gives you the benefits of a credit card, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 2% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, emergency support,
identity theft protection, and fraud protection.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval oods if your credit score is above650.
Pros & Cons of City National Bank Low Rate Card
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Has an introductory APR rate on balance transfers of 2.90%.
- No balance transfer fee.
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- City National Bank Low Rate Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 2%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
City National Bank Low Rate Card FAQ
Does City National Bank Low Rate Card have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the City National Bank Low Rate Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for City National Bank Low Rate Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 21% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does City National Bank Low Rate Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 2.90%
for a period of up to 6 months.
City National Bank Low Rate Card Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Fee % After Intro Period
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
Does City National Bank Low Rate Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
City National Bank Low Rate Card Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period
This card does offer an intro APR rate of 2.90% on qualified purchases
for a period of up to 6 months.
What are the fees for City National Bank Low Rate Card?
The following fees apply:
City National Bank Low Rate Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $25
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost card.
Does City National Bank Low Rate Card have a foreign transaction fee?
City National Bank Low Rate Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 2%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $40. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for City National Bank Low Rate Card?
The City National Bank Low Rate Card customer service number is (833) 501-8764.
Does City National Bank Low Rate Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, City National Bank Low Rate Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for City National Bank Low Rate Card
- Visit the City National Bank Low Rate Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.