State Farm Student Visa Review
This is a
issued by State Farm.
If you're wondering whether State Farm Student Visa is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
rewards rate of up to 3 reward points per dollar spent.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 12 months, which is the average period for 0% APR balance transfer cards.
- Competitive APRs. State Farm Student Visa has a
that ranges from
up to 22.9%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. State Farm Student Visa charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval odds if your credit score is above 600.
Pros & Cons of State Farm Student Visa
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months.
- No annual fee.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- State Farm Student Visa reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
State Farm Student Visa FAQ
Does State Farm Student Visa have a cash back or rewards program?
State Farm Student Visa is a rewards card.
State Farm Student Visa Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does State Farm Student Visa have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does State Farm Student Visa offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the relevant APRs for State Farm Student Visa?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
that ranges from
up to 22.9%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
that ranges from
up to 22.99%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 28.99% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does State Farm Student Visa have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 12 months.
State Farm Student Visa Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
||13.99% - 22.99%
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does State Farm Student Visa have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for State Farm Student Visa?
The following fees apply:
State Farm Student Visa Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Late Payment Fee
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost rewards card.
Does State Farm Student Visa have a foreign transaction fee?
State Farm Student Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for State Farm Student Visa?
The State Farm Student Visa customer service number is (800) 782-8332.
What is the support contact email for State Farm Student Visa?
The support contact email for State Farm Student Visa is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does State Farm Student Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, State Farm Student Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for State Farm Student Visa
- Visit the State Farm Student Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.