Are you an Amazon Prime member? If your answer is yes, then the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card is a no-brainer! Read on to learn what it is and how it can benefit you.
An exclusive credit card for Amazon Prime members
Amazon, in partnership with Chase bank, is offering a Visa credit card that helps Amazon Prime members earn up between 1% and 5% back on their purchases and much more.
- No annual credit card fee.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- For customers with an eligible Prime membership.
- Up to 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market.
- 2% back at gas stations, drugstores, and restaurants.
- 1% back on all other purchases.
- $70 Amazon.com gift card instantly upon credit card approval
How do the rewards work?
You can earn 5% back when you make purchases on Amazon.com or at any Whole Foods Market. To earn the 5%, you must have an eligible Prime membership. If you don’t, you will earn 3% back. Purchases on Amazon.com include digital downloads, Amazon Fresh orders, items sold by third parties on the Amazon.com marketplace, and Amazon.com gift cards.
When you shop at restaurants, drugstores, or gas stations, you will earn 2% back.
All other purchases earn you 1%.
Points can be redeemed at Amazon.com. When checking out, your point balance will appear and you will be able to choose how many points you would like to use. Additionally, you can opt to redeem your points for travel, gift cards, or cash back.
Eligible Amazon Prime Accounts
Does your Amazon account qualify? It needs to be an Amazon.com account, not an account on an affiliated site that is outside of the U.S. Further, it may include:
- Annual and monthly Amazon Prime subscriptions.
- Household accounts.
- Prime Fresh accounts.
- Prime Student accounts.
- Family accounts.
- Trial memberships of the above.
If your account is not eligible for some reason when you make a purchase at Whole Foods or Amazon, you will still earn 3% back. You will also need to be a U.S. resident with a Social Security Number (SSN) or U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) who is at least the minimum age for consent in your state.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card comes with a full line-up of benefits, including those for travel, protection, and convenience. Here is a quick rundown of what you will get:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Travel and emergency assistance: Legal referrals, medical referrals, and more.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Coverage up to $3,000 for you or an immediate family member.
- Baggage delay insurance: Receive up to $100 per day for 3 days if your baggage is delayed over 6 hours.
- Travel accident insurance: Accidental death or dismemberment coverage up to $500,000.
This card can help you travel with peace of mind.
Sometimes setbacks happen. The Amazon Rewards card has your back with the following protections:
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Rental car coverage for theft and collision damage in the U.S. and beyond.
- Purchase protection: New purchases are covered up to 120 days against damage or theft for amounts up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Extended warranty protection: Extend the manufacturer’s warranty on select items by an additional year.
- Roadside dispatch: 24/7 service includes jump starts, gas deliveries, tire changes, a lockout service, and winching. The fees will be charged to your card.
- Zero fraud liability: You will not be liable for unauthorized purchases.
Lastly, here are some premium perks included with the card:
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Get discounted rates, upgrades, free Wi-Fi, and more at over 900 luxury hotels around the world.
- Visa Signature Concierge Service: 24/7 concierge service that will find you tickets to events, make your dinner reservations, and help you send gifts.
These extra benefits can add additional convenience to life and travel.
How is the Amazon Rewards Visa Card different from the Amazon Prime Store Card?
The Amazon Prime Store Card is a paper punch-out card that can only be used when shopping on Amazon while the rewards card is a credit card that can be used anywhere. Both cards can earn eligible prime members 5% cash back on Amazon purchases but the rewards card has additional benefits and perks.
Get Your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card today!
If you are an Amazon Prime member, this card is a no brainer. It has no annual fee and helps you earn money back everywhere you shop. Plus, it comes with a great set of travel benefits, protection, and premium perks.
Ready to apply? The process is simple. Click here to fill out a quick application and find out if you qualify in minutes.
Jessica Walrack is a personal finance writer at SuperMoney, The Simple Dollar, Interest.com, Commonbond, Bankrate, NextAdvisor, Guardian, Personalloans.org and many others. She specializes in taking personal finance topics like loans, credit cards, and budgeting, and making them accessible and fun.